Friday, March 30, 2012
Thursday, March 29, 2012
I came home loaded with inspiration after my trip to Terrain. I also had a couple new air plants that needed homes. I was outside in the front porch watching Jonathan do yard work when I spotted a rotten piece of wood. Last fall Jonathan had to cut a portion of our monster tree down because it was rotting away. This little chunk missed the wood stove and was wasting away all winter. We had been all over these huge logs at Terrain that had been carved out for planters. I made my own little version with the air plants and little chunk of a limb. I love it, now I just have to find the right place in the house for it.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Have any of you been to Terrain? I can't believe it has taken my butt this long to get there! Terrain is a garden center plus a retail shop with cafe outside of Philadelphia and it is amazing. I spent hours just wondering around wishing I could move in and live in a little corner of the shop. Even Jonathan confessed that he wished he could work there, forever. Unfortunately it was raining Saturday afternoon so we couldn't browse most of the outdoors but the store had us entertained all afternoon. They have a whole little terrarium display with miniature little plants, glass globes, moss, stones and air plants. It inspired me so much I spent Sunday searching for new pots for all my house plants. Why I didn't buy pots there? I don't know! I was too busy trying to soak everything in that I only bought two new air plants and a purple succulent when I should have been refurbing my life with everything they had to offer. Next time. There will be a next time.
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
There is a little side story to this. My radio station, you know the one that plays kid music in the evenings, plays Dr. Dog since forever. WXPN is loyal to Philly local bands. So I've been jamming to them since the radio station started playing them. Then one party we went to Jonathan was talking to a randomer, which isn't unusual and the kid was like "Dude, my brother is on TV tonight." Jonathan is like that's random, why? "He's in a band called Dr. Dog." At that I was like, how do you know this person Jonathan? They went to high school together. So last year Jonathan, me and his other old high school buddy and his wife went to see the band in Philly and met up with the old high school classmate/ band member after the show. Fun. So this time we didn't want to bother the guy and just went to the show on our own. We got there super early to score the best seats (in my opinion) front and center on the balcony. Then J gets a text from yet another high school friend in the middle of the show with a picture from the side stage. Jonathan sent a picture of our sight back and we walked down to the stage area after the show so say hi to all the old high school people. I guess it would be weird to know someone from high school then see them on TV. I don't have that problem since I only met him last year but I try not to be a geeky fan. That could just be embarrassing.
Friday, March 23, 2012
It's Spring homies! To celebrate a wore my brand spankin' new favorite skirt that is a glorious poppy spring color. Today I will bust out the wedges! Sandals for the first time this year. I painted my toe nails. Very exciting business. We have a business weekend over here. My Spring break starts today so no homework for me and I'm going to live it up! Last night the man of the house got rear ended which is very sad news. We spent forever looking for his truck and he just put some fancy expensive hitch on the back to haul the camper and that hunk of metal probably saved the vehicle from more damage but it did loose a bumper. That hitch killed the Honda that rear ended him. He took a picture and that car is busted. Hopefully the truck will be fixed at little cost to us. Fingers crossed.
Have a happy weekend and enjoy some photos from my little slice of the world!
My favorite/ My Friend the birthday boy
The ladies on the way to the vet. They have dog colds! Boooooooooo!
We hate the vet!/ Pearl claiming the dog bed from Joy. What a bed hog.
Thursday, March 22, 2012
I love getting mail, maybe that's why I'm addicted to online shopping. Haha. I'm not addicted more like addicted to online window shopping. Well, I got awesome mail this month and my slacker self had yet to blog about it! My blog friend Kelsey sent me New Kids On The Block trading cards! I remember having some of these back in the day and it was an awesome little gift to receive in the mail. Thanks Kelsey! You rock!
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
My St. Patrick's Day green outfit. I know it was strugglin'
1. Post these rules
2. Post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in the post
4. Create 11 new questions for your tagees to answer
5. Tag them on Twitter, Facebook or your blog
Here we go with 11 random (and awesome) things about me:
1. I'm currently re-watching the whole series of How I Met Your Mother. Even the ones I've seen before. I can't get enough of that show.
2. I love sleep. I go to bed early and sleep in late.
3. I'm an over dresser. I wear cocktail dresses to summer picnics.
4. I procrastinate. If it deals with my personal life it gets put off. Like taxes, home work, laundry and the list would never end.
5. I don't make friends easily. It takes me some time to warm up to you.
6. I hate random small talk. Probably why I don't make friends easily. But for reals do I need to talk to the person behind me in the check out line about Chobani yogurt, no. If you want to talk about yogurt in the check out line call somebody.
7. I will be done school FOREVER June 2012. If I ever go back find me and slap me.
8. I'm kind of a coffee snob.
9. I just ate two bags of gummies in like a day. That's why I try not to keep junk food in the house.
10. I judge people who don't recycle.
11. I will pass out after I get my credit card bill this month. Why was everyone offering such craft good deals for St. Patrick's day? Did they think I needed more green in my wardrobe?
My answers to Chrissy's 11 questions:
1. What is the story of your blog name? My plan back in the day was to get a bubble bee tattoo because you know "bee" is for Becky. I also had a blog that was titled "Why Becky Quit Life" I liked the title but I thought it was too negative so when I started blogging on the regular again I ditched the old name and went with B is for Becky. I still want that bubble bee tattoo.
2. Do you have a celebrity crush? Not really. I think Alexander Skarsgard (Eric from True Blood) is super duper sexy but I wouldn't call him a crush.
3. What is your favorite fast food spot? Chick-fil-a! At my last work I had a standing Chick date every Monday for lunch with my work bff! Now I don't have one close to my new work so I'm going through sweet tea withdrawal!
4. What is your favorite holiday? My birthday! This year I have to share it with Easter, balls!
5. Are you a good public speaker? I'm going to say no but I'm not horrible. Be prepared then it isn't as stressful!
6. What is the first blog you remember reading? I would say The Rockstar Diaries.
7. If I were to give you $100 to spend at one place would you choose Target, Starbucks or your favorite thrift store? Target. When I have gift certificates I can never find anything I like at a store. Target I can always find something even if it is just tights!
9. Describe an outfit that makes you feel awesome. My jean shirt, a necklace that my brother in law would describe as looking like I stole everything from a pawn shop and put it on my neck, a skirt and heels.
10. What is my biggest pet peeve? Its a tie between slow drivers and when people pronounce picture like 'pitcher'.
11. What makes you happy? My furry ladies faces!
My 11 questions:
1.What is your favorite hobby/ leisure activity?
2. Favorite musical artists?
3. What are your favorite blog reads?
4. What is your favorite way to kill time?
5. Favorite nail polish color.
6. Tell me about a dream vacation.
7. An item off your bucket list, life long bucket list or yearly bucket list.
8. Recount an embrassing event in your life.
9. Do you have any nick names? Ugh the names people come up with!
10. Are you a dessert person? My husband tells me he isn't yet he ates it...hmmm. What's your favorite dessert?
11. Where do you love to shop?
AND I'm tagging:
my blog friend Kelsey of Harbor Cottagemy sister Stephanie of Geek in Glasses
a new follower Lindsey of Out of Alabaster
my real life friend Rita of You Can't Special Order Awesome so she will hopefully start blogging again
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
I was a fan of The Hunger Games trilogy, you know it was a book club read! Actually, The Hunger Games was the only book that all of the former book club members read! So the movie is coming out and I'm super excited for the release. I'm not going opening weekend because I have a problem with crowds and I would probably get beat up since I talk during movies and apparently people hate that. That is why I don't go to the movies. Well, that and you can't drink while you watch the movie. Oh and also my husband falls asleep during movies no matter what it is or where he is!
Anyways, the soundtrack was released today and I was pleasantly surprised! Artists that make an appearance on the album are The Decemberists (my favorite!), Arcade Fire, The Secret Sisters and The Civil Wars. Good stuff, it's getting downloaded.
Is anyone going to see the movie opening weekend??? DON'T let me know how it is. Thanks.
Thursday, March 15, 2012
Having short hair can be lame, no crazy braids or ponytails on a lazy day but for me it's my thing. I just never looked go with long hair. From watching all 200 seasons of America's Next Top Model I've learned most women's biggest fear is cutting off their hair. Just the thought of a pixie cut sends girls nightmares for weeks. Not me. I lived with stringy mousy brown hair with no style until the ninth grade then I got over the long hair dream. Since then my hair has been a variety of lengths and rainbow colors since.
I'm not saying all my short hair styles looked awesome on me either. Here is the first picture that was taken of me after my first ever mega chop. I took some cute stylish picture to my mom's stylist. She worked out of a garage converted into a salon. I don't judge, my current stylist cuts my hair in her backyard, whatever. Anyways, it was evident that she had never cut a cute pixie cut and it is also evident that I didn't know how to style one either.
I've made plenty of hair mistakes like baby bangs (top), bleach (bottom) and a buzz cut (fortunately not shown) but I feel like I've happy with my current look. So don't be scared because life with short hair can rock just as hard as life with fishtail braids.
(I feel like the hair bleaching summer of my life and how I ended up with a buzz cut could be interesting stories I may share with you later. Wait and see.)
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
"I thought 2012 would be the year of the beard. I really think it's going to be the year of the belly." - Jonathan Stets
There are a couple things Jonathan's friends and brother have in common. They have beards and some have bellies (beer bellies and I'm not talking about all of them but some). One thing Jonathan wants to have in common with them is a beard. One thing Jonathan fears is having a beer belly. Sadly, Jonathan is hair follicly challenged. He can't grow a beard and when he tries its like a pre-teen's skangly beard. Poor guy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the beard, not the beer belly.
Labels: Quotes from Jonathan
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Pearl wanted nothing to do with me this afternoon, that's fine I allowed her the space. The reason she was over me was because I came home this morning smelling of two other dogs. I was busy party planning at a home with two large dogs she has never had the privilege to meet so she's pissed. She'll get over it. Joy like always has to see you to relax so she soaked up the sun while I procrastinated and didn't finish my homework. I don't think it will ever get done this week.
This weekend was lame. It's just what the doctor ordered. Sometimes you just need to be lame. It was a beer and pizza Friday with a bed time of before 10pm. Then it was a take a shower just to put your sweatpants back on Saturday. The only reason I put real clothes on today was because I had plans this morning, for their sake only did I put concealer on and a bra.
Saturday we did leave the house so I put a bra on then too. We left to take the ladies to the dog park. No one ever told me the dog park was like a cult. All the dog park humans knew each other and it was like 20 questions when we arrived. It was a strange thing. Pearl and Joy were over it the minute we entered the joint. Boys were sniffin' their private areas and dogs wanted to play with them. I didn't know but they informed me that they don't play with strangers. Joy's ears were in the sad dog down position the whole time and Pearl was marking trees like she was a boy dog. After 10 minutes we spilt and we promised the fur gals that we would never make them go back there. Lesson learned, dog parks aren't for the Stets family.
Labels: with the sisters
Friday, March 9, 2012
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Monday, March 5, 2012
Once upon a time I was a member of a book club. Book club was a good time with food, wine and lady friends but some found the book reading part of the club too much to handle. The last book club meeting it was decided that book club was going to morph into craft club. Friday night I hosted the first craft club meeting and it was a success. With glitter fabric scraps rescued from the trash from work, the crew created fabric flowers of all shapes and sizes. In Jonathan's "Man Cave" aka garage I turned into my crafting heaven. The "Man Cave" will never be the same again because now it is covered in glitter, sequins and hot glue.
Sarah the flower master. Are we surprised? She makes things like this for a living.
Let's talk about Missy for a minute. She was the anti- crafter of the group. She came only for wine but ended up successfully making multiple flowers. I'm a true craft leader for converting her!
Thursday, March 1, 2012
I have a pretty intense book goal for 2012 of 52. That's one book a week and let me tell you something. I'm failing. BIG TIME. No surprise really. I used to read over lunch and now my lunch time has been cut in half and I need to use that short time to accomplish other things like check my personal email and Pinterest account (that's super important!) because I actually work now during those 8 hours and not just fuck off on the internet. I've read 5 books which is good but not going to help me reach this ridiculous dream I made. Now I've turned to audio books. I'm in the car for a good chunk every day and I'm kinda over my music selection so I'm now listening to books. I can't read and drive but I can listen and drive. I know my goal is to "read" 52 books this year but if I "listen" to a book it's so going on my list. It's multitasking at it's finest, but to tell you the truth I feel lame and I wasn't going to tell anyone. Now that the truth is out, tell me, have you ever listened to audio books?