After we hit up the Renegade Craft Fair we relaxed and beautified oursleves at our hotel. That of course involved bottles of champagne and wearing leopard print panties on our heads. Then the activities for the night began.
The nights activites included but were not limited to:
- Dinner and drinks at the Mercer Kitchen
- Lots of walking and sore feet
- Poor attitudes from bartenders
- A psychic reading for the bride (she will be having three children in the future)
- Being denyed water everywhere, then buying a glorious $7 bottle the first place we found
- A Jager bomb for Rita
- Convincing Cami that the group should not travel over the "W" bridge to watch Brazlian dancers
- Rita's new favorite saying 'Titty Sprinkles'
- Getting our groove on
- Cami's claw soaking up her drinks
(I don't know if anyone has noticed but the bride has a claw hand. It's a cast from a surgery for a broken and dislocated finger. Hopefully it will be gone for the wedding. However the claw doesn't bring her down and she gets a 1/2 off discount on manicures.)
So one of the best parts of being a part of someones wedding is celebrating the end to their single life with their bachelorette parties right?!? This weekend some girls took Cami up to New York to celebrate the end of her single days. We had a very, very busy weekend!
Road snacks at an early morning hour Saturday. Of course I match DD's color scheme.
Plus a typical taxi picture on the way to our hotel.
Then on to craft shopping in Brooklyn! On of the reasons we picked the date for the trip was to hit up Renegade Craft Fair!
It was a crazy beautiful day to be out in the city and spending money. I had to hold myself back from buying everything! I will be coming back next year with extra cash flow.
Sunday was the hub's birthday AND father's day so the Stets family went on a kayak float. What we thought was a pretty straight run of the creek wasn't and our trip ended up being 10 miles! We did the 10 mile trip in 3 hours. It was my first time in my boat for the season so I was very excited to be on the water.
It has been pretty hot here in Central PA, like around 100! The past two nights we've beat the heat by going to the park to swim in the creek. The fur ladies have been coming to swim too. I should take a video of them swimming. Cutest thing on the planet!
Last weekend was Jonathan's birthday. It was also his oldest sister's birthday. Funny story, the two were born on the same day 10 years apart. So Jennifer was celebrating her 40th and Jonathan was celebrating his 30th. Jenn's husband planned a surprise party for her so the family went down to Fells Point in Baltimore to celebrate the awesomeness.
First we stuffed our faces pre-party.
Then took pictures of ourselves around the town.
Got our drink on in the bar before the lady of honor arrived.
And I'm happy to say she was super surprised!
Happy birthday to my super husband and my awesome sister-in-law!! xoxo
Here is me jumping for JOY! The jumping for joy isn't for Joy of the fur kind, it is the joy in my whole body because I will never sit in another class for my bachelors degree again! Last night I handed in my last paper and gave my last presentation. I've been stressing about this report for months so a huge weight has been lifted! As promised here is the first of many items "to do now that I'm not doing homework during all my free time".
1. Get to sewing! I have so many ideas and have had so little time. I am on the mission to find some fabulous prints to make me some super cute skirts and dresses!
2. Finish decorating my bedroom. It's 90% there but those little unfinished details are driving me crazy.
3. Finish my wall mural. So I moved into the house and painted my living room white so I could have a crazy mural wall. The lines are drawn and some of the green is up but that is it. It's been like that for 3 years, a big ol' reminder of my lack of free time.
4. Fix up the camper. It's strugglin'. The cushions need covered, but really the whole thing needs a make over.
5. Landscape. I've said it before, the outside of the house needs some gardening love.
6. Paint my porch swing. It's needs a fresh coat to hid the splinters.
7. Install a new front door. Don't think that I will do this project on my own. No way. I will however turn the pressure up on Jonathan who has promised this to me for 3 years.
8. Organize my closet. I feel like half of my wardrobe is missing in the depths of that thing.
9. Blog redesign. I think it needs jazzed up, don't ya think?
10. Work out. Girl, I need to get to working on my fitness.